Security Federal Bank is looking for the best and brightest early to mid-career professionals in the Columbia area to join our new Young Professionals Advisory Board.
The perspectives and priorities of young professionals are crucial to the direction of not only Security Federal Bank but also the financial services industry. This new advisory board provides emerging community leaders an opportunity to give voice to this key demographic, helping Security Federal Bank become an even more progressive, inclusive, and responsive organization.
The advisory board will have a quarterly lunch meeting and be a forum for open dialogue, collaboration, and networking. As a member of this advisory group, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with other emerging leaders in the Midlands area
- Engage with bank executives and other bank personnel to help formulate a strategy for sustained growth
- Discuss new and innovative trends in banking products and services
- Participation with this group could be beneficial to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
These advisory board members will provide the insights, advice and guidance we need to help sustain our growth into the future.
- Provide insight into banking preferences and technology’s role in meeting these preferences
- Suggest revisions to Security Federal Bank’s financial products and services
- Offer feedback regarding any issue that may hinder Security Federal’s effectiveness in serving people
- Provide suggestions and input for new products and services related to this age demographic
- Make suggestions on how to improve perception, utilization, and satisfaction of customers within this demographic group and the bank market areas.
- Candidate submissions will be accepted from June 17 - July 31, 2022.
Advisory member qualifications:
- Candidate demonstrates success in one’s academic careers, business, or profession
- Between the age of 23 and 39
- Cannot be employed by a bank or credit union
- Not required to be a current customer of Security Federal Bank
- Meetings are held up to four times per year. Meetings will take place at:
- Security Federal Bank, 1900 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201 on the first Tuesday of the month beginning the first quarter of 2023.
- Other meeting venues: Various meeting sites in the Columbia area, Zoom (as necessary)
- Meetings will include catered lunch.
Board Size and Term of Appointment:
- The advisory board size will be limited to 9 members.
- Advisory appointments are normally two years.
- Candidates must live and/or work in Richland or Lexington South Carolina counties
How to submit:
Please email your work resume and answers to the questions below to:
Michael Strange, Executive Vice President
Community Development & Public Affairs
- Why are you interested in serving on Security Federal Bank’s Young Professional Advisory Board?
- What are your areas of professional expertise?
- What industry is your area of focus? How long have you been in that industry?
- Are you currently serving on a bank or credit union board?
Disclaimer: Security Federal Bank reserves the right to review and decline any submission as reviewed. Candidates who are accepted on this advisory board will be contacted by phone or in person.