In today’s financial world, fraud is a huge concern for debit and credit card users. Like you, we don’t take this concern lightly. Here’s what we can do together to help protect your accounts.
What Security Federal Bank is doing:
Fraud Prevention Services
We have fraud prevention services which provide notification (by e-mail, text and phone call) to alert you of possible fraudulent activity associated with your card.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7 am and 9 pm EST, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- If there is no response five minutes after the text alert, you will receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud.
Remember, our messages will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number.
The phone number for the Fraud Center is 1.800.417.4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display whenever you get a call from this number.
Bank Initiated Hot-Carding
Our fraud center quickly blocks a card to prevent further transactions after known fraud occurs.
Transaction Text Alerts
As a service, we are offering card transaction text alerts. This opt-in service will send you a text message when any of the following transactions occur:
- An international transaction
- Fuel transactions
- 3 or more transactions in 24 hours
- A transaction greater than $100
- A card-not-present (internet, telephone) transaction
Customer Initiated Hot Carding
We also offer convenient methods for immediate customer deactivation of a card if it is lost or stolen. This action can be taken through NetTeller, our Mobile App, or iTalk.
Instant Card Issuance
We have debit card machines in some of our branches. These machines will enable Security Federal to offer reduced turnaround time (24 hours or less) if your card needs immediate replacement.
Steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Check your account balance regularly to detect irregularities
- Use your pin whenever the option is available
- Opt-in for transaction text alerts
- Use your mobile phone or other rapid means to immediately deactivate a card when required