Security Federal Bank offers Business and Personal Account holders the option to add a free debit Mastercard®1. The Security Federal Bank Debit Mastercard includes:
- Mastercard Global Service™
- Mastercard Airport Concierge™
- Extended Warranty
- Price Protection
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Mastercard Priceless® Cities
- Chip Technology
- Digital Wallet compatible
Click here for additional details on our Personal Mastercard Debit Cards or Business Mastercard Debit Card.
A list of blocked merchants can be found on our Security Alerts page.
Debit Card Security
Fraud Prevention Services
We have fraud prevention services which provide notification (by e-mail, text and phone call) to alert you of possible fraudulent activity associated with your card.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 96923 between 7 am and 9 pm EST, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- If there is no response five minutes after the text alert, you will receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud.
Remember, our messages will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number.
The phone number for the Fraud Center is 1.800.237.8990. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display whenever you get a call from this number.
Bank Initiated Hot-Carding
Our fraud center quickly blocks a card to prevent further transactions after known fraud occurs. To block a card call 1.888.237.3416 .
Customer Initiated Hot Carding
We also offer convenient methods for immediate customer deactivation of a card if it is lost or stolen. This action can be taken through Online Banking, our Mobile App, iTalk or by calling 1.888.297.3416.
Instant Card Issuance
We have debit card machines in some of our branches. These machines will enable Security Federal to offer reduced turnaround time (24 hours or less) if your card needs immediate replacement.
Steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Check your account balance regularly to detect irregularities
- Use your pin whenever the option is available
- Opt-in for transaction text alerts
- Use your mobile phone or other rapid means to immediately deactivate a card when required
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
1. Issued subject to approval