Empowering Individuals Through Financial Counseling
Security Federal Bank recognizes the importance of a good credit history — that is why we offer Financial Counseling. This no-cost, confidential, one-on-one program helps individuals reduce their debt, establish or improve their credit and ultimately qualify for a loan. It is designed to teach certain basic financial skills such as how to establish a personal budget and good savings habits, as well as how to open a bank account and balance a checkbook.
This free program is designed to help:
- Improve credit rating
- Qualify for loans
- Overcome credit obstacles
- Reduce debt
- Establish good savings habits
- Identify and prioritize short and long-term goals
- Develop a strategy to attain financial goals
- Establish a relationship with a banker/lender
- Understand various types of credit and lender’s expectations
- Participate in wealth-building and improve quality of life
- Become good stewards of their resources
For more information about the Financial Counseling program or to schedule a meeting with one of our Financial Counselors, call 803.641.3000.
Security Federal Bank is nationally recognized as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) because of its community commitment and programs, like Financial Counseling, that assist with community development. In addition, the bank has received multiple outstanding Community Reinvestment Act ratings. The rating is based on our commitment to meeting the credit needs of the communities in which we operate, including low and moderate income neighborhoods. Less than 10% of banks in the country earn this distinction.
Sign up to receive the Security Federal Bank newsletters
* indicates required fields
Thank you for signing up!
Someone from our office will reach out to you soon, if necessary.